I. Carry-on Baggage
1. Restrictions on the weight, volume and number of pieces of carry-on baggage
1) For passengers with first-class tickets, each passenger could board with two pieces of baggage. The weight of each piece of baggage should not exceed 5 kg.
(2) For passengers with other cabin class tickets, each passenger could only board with one piece of baggage. The weight should not exceed 5 kg. Baggage exceeding the above mentioned restrictions on weight, number of pieces should be transported as checked baggage.
(3) The volume of baggage brought into the passenger cabin should not exceed 20×40×55 cm, and the baggage exceeding the volume limit should be transported as checked baggage.
2. Which baggage must be carried with the passenger, and cannot be checked?
Important documents, business documents and materials, valuable coupons, currencies, negotiable instruments, jewelry, precious metal and its product, antique calligraphy and painting, fragile articles, perishables, samples, out-of-print presswork or manuscripts, travel document or files, electronics, digital products, camera accessories, mobile phones, walkman, computer hardware & software, prescription drug needing to take at regular time, etc. should not be transported as checked baggage or carried secretly in checked baggage, instead they should be carried into the passenger cabin as hand baggage. When exceeding the provisions on the weight, size of hand baggage, they should be disposed as seat baggage.
3. Can the knives be brought on the plane? Or be checked?
Edged tools and blunt tools other than controlled knives (e.g. kitchen knife, fruit knife, table-knife, craft knife, scalpel, scissors, shaver, steel file, iron awl, axe, club, hammer, etc.) should be transported in checked baggage, and should be subject to the on-site handling provisions.(No knife is allowed to be checked at Urumchi Airport )
[Warm prompt] ：Passengers are not allowed to board carrying with any weapon, controlled knife, edged tool.
4. Can cosmetics be brought on the plane? Or checked?
Passengers are allowed to carry on a small amount of self-use cosmetics for traveling, with one piece for each kind, and the volume for each shall not exceed 100 ml. The cosmetics shall be placed in separate bag, and the passengers should accept the inspection of bottle opening.
5. Can fruits be brought on the plane? How many?
No restriction. Passengers can take fruits with them, but durian is forbidden, and some airports would have restrictions on jackfruit, e.g. Sanya Airport. For details, please consult the local airport.
6. Can cigarettes be brought on the plane?
Passengers can carry cigarettes with them, and the quantity shall be subject to the Regulations on Limits of National Tobacco Administration (i.e. 50 cartons). It is recommended that the passenger should consult the local security check unit before traveling, and the specific quantities should be subject to the local security provisions. If the passenger needs to carry several cartons of cigarette, he/she should handle the registration procedure, and the registered quantities should also be subject to the local security provisions.
7. Can lighter be brought on the plane?
The lighter cannot be brought on the plane.
8. Can fragile goods (e.g. porcelain, glass container, etc.) be brought on the plane?
The fragile goods cannot be transported as checked baggage or checked by being carried secretly in the baggage. Under the circumstance of meeting the requirements for baggage weight, volume of Shenzhen Airlines, the passenger can bring the fragile goods into the passenger cabin and keep by self; for the loss and damage of the above mentioned goods put or carried secretly in the checked baggage, we shall bear the liability according to ordinary checked baggage.
9. Can big instrument (like zither, cello, guitar, etc.) be carried on with the passenger?
The specifications for carry-on baggage shall be 20*40*55CM, if exceeding, please register such instrument or purchase a ticket for seat baggage. Notice for check: the passenger should pack properly the big instrument; in case of any damage, Shenzhen Airlines would compensate according to ordinary baggage, and we suggest the passenger to purchase baggage insurance.
10. Can I carry the handbag and computer bag with me?
According to the requirements of Shenzhen Airlines, a passenger could only bring one piece of baggage onto the plane. For whether two pieces of baggage can be brought on the plane or not, we suggest you to consult the security check unit of the origin airport, or you should be subject to the on-site handling result.
11. Are the provisions for goods in paste form the same with those for goods in liquid form?
Yes, they are the same, i.e. within 100 ml, and their covers can be opened for check.
12. Can milk powder be brought on the plane?
Milk powder can be brought on the plane, but the liquid milk cannot. We provide water on the plane, so you can dissolve milk powder in water.
13. Can walking stick be brought on the plane?
The auxiliary device that the disabled must carry could be carried for free. Shenzhen Airlines shall agree the disabled to carry, but the security check should be subject to the reply of security check unit.
14. Can raw eggs be brought on the plane? Or be checked?
The raw eggs are in liquid form, so they fall into the goods that should be kept by passengers themselves.
(1) If the passenger carries the raw eggs with him/her, he/she should meet the security check requirements of the local airport, and a certain amount of eggs could be brought onto the plane. However, the restrictions on security check of various airports are different, so we suggest that you consult the security check unit of the local airport, and should be subject to the on-site handling provisions.
(2) For the check-in of liquid goods, the passenger is required to pack such goods in good condition, and confirm that it would not contaminate the baggage of other passengers.
[Warm prompt] ： As eggs are fragile, the check-in counter may refuse to transport the eggs.
15. Can liquid medications be carried with the passengers?
The necessary liquid medication carried by any passenger suffering from diabetes or other disease could be carried with the passenger after confirmed and checked by the security check unit, or it may be required to be kept by the flight crew, and the specific requirements shall be subject to the on-site reply.
16. Can liquid preparation of Chinese medicine be brought on the plane? Is there any requirement on check-in of the liquid medicine?
The liquid preparation of Chinese medicine could not be brought on the plane. There is only packing requirement for registration, and the registered quantity shall be subject to the bearing capacity of the plane. The specific requirements shall be subject to the on-site inspection results of the security check unit.
17. Can I bring cremains on the plane?
Yes, but you need to pack the cinerary casket, so that other passengers would not see it.
II. Checked Baggage
1. Restrictions on registration of oversize baggage
The maximum baggage size permitted by Shenzhen Airlines shall be 40*60*100CM, the weight of each baggage should not exceed 45kg. For international, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan flights, the maximum permitted size (the sum of three sides, i.e. length, width, height) of checked baggage should not exceed 203 cm (80 inches, including wheels and handle), the weight of each baggage should not exceed 32 kg (70 pounds), otherwise it must be divided into two pieces of checked baggage; the oversize baggage is more likely to be damaged during transporting, so we suggest you not to carry. The specific requirements shall be subject to the on-site handling provisions.
2. Can I consign seafood(live hairy crabs), aquatic products? Is there any requirement on check-in of seafood?
The seafood (crabs) and aquatic products, no matter live or cooked, could all be consigned, but must be packed properly for fear that they will crawl out the package, and the premise is that there should be no water, ice, etc. that may containment the cargo cabin and other passengers' baggage in the package, the above mentioned are provisions of Shenzhen Airlines. As the security level of each airport is different, the specific requirements shall be subject to the provisions as specified by the security check unit and customs of the origin airport.
[Warm prompt] ：The fresh food could only be transported as cargo at Haikou Airport, and can't be consigned; the fresh food could not be consigned at Guangzhou Airport, and only cooked seafood and aquatic products can be consigned.
3. Can I consign goods like computer host? If not, can I bring such goods into the passenger cabin?
The desktop host can be consigned (the laptop could be brought into the passenger cabin), but the passenger is required to pack properly, and as the value of electric appliance is relatively high, the passenger is required to fill in the Disclaimer, and we suggest you to purchase baggage insurance.
4. Can I consign golf equipment, skiing gear, fishing gear?
Yes, you should only handle the consigning procedure as per ordinary baggage.
5. Can the checked baggage allowance of fellow passengers be consolidated?
If they know each other and take the same flight, their checked baggage could be consolidated.
6. Can I consign LCD TV?
Yes, but the passenger is required to pack properly, and as the value of electric appliance is relatively high and vulnerable, the passenger is required to fill in the Disclaimer, and we suggest you to purchase baggage insurance.
7. Can I consign household appliances?
Yes, but it must meet the requirements for baggage package, volume, weight as specified by Shenzhen Airline, and the passenger is required to pack properly, and as the value of electric appliance is relatively high, the passenger is required to fill in the Disclaimer, and we suggest you to purchase baggage insurance.
The household appliances shall include: electric cooker, induction cooker, air conditioner, washing machine, desktop, TV, small refrigerator, vacuum cleaner, small electric fan, etc.
8. What are the requirements for the package of consigned fruit?
The paid packaging service is provided at the airport. In principle, except the fruits with offensive smell (like durian, jackfruit, etc.) and the fruits with a lot of juice (like watermelon), the airport shall not have any mandatory requirement for the fruit package, and the passenger could pack the fruit by himself/herself and consign the fruit as long as its package is complete without any leakage. The final requirements shall be subject to the security provisions of the origin airport.
9. Is there any restriction on the medicine, cosmetics that the passenger needs during his/her traveling?
For the agentia, hair conditioner, perfume, etc. containing ethyl alcohol, the total weight (including gross weight) that each passenger can carry should not exceed 2 kg or 2 l, and the net weight of each bottle should not exceed 0.5 kg or 0.5 l.
III. Other Issues on Baggage
1. Baggage compensation criteria
If the baggage you consigned is damaged or lost, we shall provide you with necessary maintenance or compensation according to the damage, and the maximum limit shall be RMB 100/kg. If the average value of your baggage exceeds RMB 100/kg, we suggest you to purchase baggage insurance when consigning your baggage. If the damage is caused by the quality or defect of the baggage, we will not bear any liability.
2. Compensation methods for baggage damage
If you find any damage or loss when picking up your baggage, please notify the baggage inquiry staff and handle the consigning procedure before leaving the baggage claim hall.
If you want to make a claim, please apply within 7 days upon the date when you filling in the Baggage Transportation Incident Report. At the same time when you making a claim, you need to provide the copy of your personal document, ticket or its copy, baggage tag, identification coupon of baggage tag, Baggage Transportation Incident Report, any certificate proving the contents and prices of your baggage, as well as other proof.
3. Compensation criteria for baggage transportation delay
If your cargo arrived beyond the agreed or prescribed time limit due to any reason of Shenzhen Airlines, we will provide you with economic compensation according to the following provisions: unless there is any special agreement with you, we promise that your cargo would arrive at the destination within 72 hours upon the time when the air waybill was filled in, for every delay exceeding 24 hours (including 24 hours), the amount of compensation that Shenzhen Airlines shall bear would be 5% of the freight paid actually for the cargo, the rest can be done in the same manner, and the total amount of compensation should be limited to the full freight paid actually for the cargo.
If you want to make a claim for transportation delay of your cargo, please make a written claim against Shenzhen Airlines within 21 days upon the date when you received the cargo, and provide the air waybill, the copy of your ID card. We shall handle the compensation procedure within 10 working days after the above mentioned materials were received and confirmed by us.
4. What should I do if my baggage was taken wrongly, missed, lost or loaded on a wrong flight?
If you are at the scene, you could directly ask the on-site ground service staff of Shenzhen Airlines for help; you can also directly call the baggage inquiry unit. Passengers taking the flight departing from other cities could also call this number.
|Types of business acceptable||Phone number||Working hours|
|For the inquiry of baggage that has been left on the flight operated by Shenzhen Airlines and hasn't been consigned||0755-23451561||08:00--24:00|
|For baggage taking the flight operated by Shenzhen Airlines and having been consigned||
The departure airport or arrival airport is Shenzhen：
Depart from Shenzhen:08:00--24:00
Not depart from Shenzhen:10:00-22:00
The departure airport or arrival airport is not Shenzhen:
5. After getting off the plane, can I deposit my baggage at the counter of Shenzhen Airlines?
You cannot deposit any baggage at the counter. In case that a passenger didn't claim his/her baggage immediately, Shenzhen Airlines shall have the right to dispose the perishable goods in the baggage after 24 hours of its arrival. If the baggage was not claimed for over 90 days from the next day when the baggage arrived, Shenzhen Airlines could dispose such baggage according to relevant provisions for undeliverable baggage.
6. Will the stopover flight change an aircraft at the stopover site? Do I need to stow my baggage again?
Under normal circumstances, the stopover flight doesn't need to change aircraft. For whether the passengers need to get off the plane, it should be subject to the on-site situation, but the passengers don't need to handle the baggage registration procedure again.
7. What should I do if I abandon the journey after consigned my baggage?
If a passenger requires to withdraw his/her baggage at the origin, he/she must apply before the baggage is loaded on the plane. If a passenger refunds his/her ticket, the baggage collected must be withdrawn at the same time. For the above mentioned withdrawal, the overweight baggage fees charged will all be refunded.
8. Where can I purchase the baggage insurance? How much does it cost?
You could purchase from an insurance company in the terminal of the departure airport (in general, it is nearby the check-in counter, or the baggage insurance is sold by the check-in counter). The specific charges shall be subject to the on-site handling situation, for the insurance company would determine the price according to the goods insured.
- Booking Services
- Boading Services
- Baggage Services
- Special Assistance
- Cabin Services