I. Infant passengers
1. Why the premature less than 90 days cannot take a flight?
As the newborns have poor resistance, imperfect respiratory function, short auditory tube, there is always mucus blocking in the nasopharynx part, and the air pressure change is significant when the plane is climbing or descending, which shall have significant irritation to the body, while the newborns could not swallow, and it will be difficult for them to maintain the pressure balance within and outside the eardrum, so Shenzhen Airlines would not accept for carriage of infants less than 14 days and premature less than 90 days.
2. How many infants shall a flight could have at most?
The number of infants for each flight is limited, at present it shall only be subject to the number applied at the time of booking.
3. Why the infant passenger doesn't occupy any seat but still have quota limits?
In order to guarantee the flight security, there is only one oxygen mask for each seat, and not every row of seats is equipped with the oxygen mask for infant. What's more, the number of infant passengers on part of routes is subject to the quota limits, and the transportation of infant passengers could not be allowed unless the airline has additionally equipped with life jackets for infant passengers.
4. How to purchase the infant ticket?
(1) If the ticket for adult passenger has not been issued, the infant ticket could be booked together with the adult passenger;
(2) If the ticket for the accompanying adult passenger has been issued, and a new infant ticket is needed, the passenger could call 95361-1 to book separately, but only credit card could be used for ticket issuance; if it is inconvenient to use the credit card, the adult could bring the original copy of valid certificate of the infant to any ticket office directly under Shenzhen Airlines or the airport counter of Shenzhen Airlines for booking the infant ticket; for the number of infant passengers on each flight is limited, we recommend you to purchase the infant ticket as soon as possible after having booked the adult ticket, and the specific application conditions shall prevail.
II. Child Passengers
1. Whether the child passengers of domestic flights could book the discount first-class ticket?
Sorry, if you want to book a first-class ticket for a child passenger, you could only purchase the first-class child passenger ticket at normal price, i.e. purchase at 50% of the corresponding normal price for the first-class cabin.
2. Why the child passenger could not purchase the preferential ticket for first class cabin (like the extra-value first class cabin, discount first class cabin)?
Because the special products have their special restrictions, and must be implemented according to the product provisions. At the moment, it is not applicable to the child passengers.
3. I saw the adult ticket price for domestic flight is lower than 50% on the official website, can I purchase a child passenger ticket at this price?
When the ticket price on the official website is lower than 50% and the ticket allowance is sufficient, the system would select automatically the lower discount for child passenger, however the charging standards for re-issuance and refunding after ticket issuance should be implemented according to the corresponding provisions. Note: when booking ticket, the passenger type for child passenger must be child, for the fear that the child passenger could not check in.
4. How to calculate the taxes and fees for child passengers on domestic flights?
In case that a child passenger meeting the age requirements purchasing a child passenger ticket, no airport construction fee and half fuel surcharges shall be collected.
5. If the tickets for adult passenger and child passenger are not booked from the same purchase channel, whether it would have any influence on the check-in?
If it can be ascertained that the tickets for adult passenger and child passenger have been issued, and they are booked at the same time for the same flight, there shall be no influence on the check-in.
6. If I have booked a ticket for adult passenger through some other channel, how shall I book a ticket for child passenger?
If your could confirm that your adult passenger ticket has been successfully issued, you could call 95361-1# to purchase the child passenger ticket (for international flight, please call 95361-2#). If there is any seat available on the flight, you can book and pay with credit card.
[Warm prompt] The adult passenger and child passenger must be in the same class cabin, e.g: if the adult passenger booked a first-class ticket, the child passenger must also book a first-class ticket; if the adult passenger booked an economy-class ticket, the child passenger must also book an economy-class ticket.
7. Can I purchase a child passenger ticket separately on the official website of Shenzhen Airlines?
We are very sorry that at the moment, the official website of Shenzhen Airline doesn't support the separate reservation of child passenger ticket.
III. Unaccompanied Child Passengers
1. Can a juvenile over 12 years old but less than 18 years old take a flight alone?
At present, you can voluntarily apply for the paid unaccompanied child passenger service on flights of Shenzhen Airlines, but we would remind you that the juvenile over 12 years old (inclusive) but less than 18 years old (exclusive) may not be allowed to take a flight alone, as the requirements vary from airports, and the on-site handling requirements shall prevail.
2. How to pay the paid unaccompanied child passenger service fees?
(1) If you applied for ticket reservation by calling 95361, you could pay the ticket fees first, then pay the paid unaccompanied child passenger service fees at a ticket office directly under Shenzhen Airlines at the departure place or the airport counter of the departure place, and get the Voucher.
(2) If you applied for ticket reservation at a ticket office directly under Shenzhen Airlines, you could apply for the service directly at the ticket office and pay the ticket fees together with the service fees. Please remember to get the Voucher.
3. Must the adult picking up/sending the child passenger be the parent of the child?
At present, we have not limited such person to be the parent of the child.
4. Shall the unaccompanied child passenger have a dedicated seat?
At present, we have not had any seat dedicated to the unaccompanied child passenger, and the on-site check-in arrangement shall prevail
5. What should the unaccompanied child passenger do after getting off the plane?
After getting off the plane, the unaccompanied child passenger shall be handed over to the ground service staff by the flight crew, then the ground service staff shall hand such passenger over to the pickup person, so the information of the pickup person must be complete and true.
6. Is there any one-to-one service to the unaccompanied child passenger on the plane?
We are very sorry that Shenzhen Airlines has not provided any one-to-one service to the unaccompanied child passenger for the moment.
7. What care would an unaccompanied child get when taking a flight alone?
The sincere air hostess will explain the in-flight safety precautions for the unaccompanied child passenger and take care of such passenger throughout the trip, what's more the flight crew would ask the neighboring passenger(s) to look after the child when the crew work is busy; in addition to normal service procedure on the flight, we shall also hold some in-flight activities dedicated to children during the summer and winter holidays (e.g.: in-flight drawing contest, in-flight children career experience, etc.); when the plane is descending, the flight crew would confirm again with the unaccompanied child passenger about the pickup matters after landing; after getting off the plane, we shall give you "A Letter to Parents", telling you about your child's performance on the flight.
8. Is there any security consideration for unaccompanied child passenger traveling by air?
Parents can hand their children over to us with an easy mind, our staff would let the parents grasp their children's dynamics all the time via SMS messages, so as to make the sending person and pickup person be at ease.
9. Can the ticket for unaccompanied child passenger be postponed or brought ahead of schedule?
If you want to change the date, please submit your application before 15:00 on the day before the flight departure date. After your application succeeded, you could handle the date changing procedure.
10. Can a code-sharing flight be applied for unaccompanied child passenger service?
The unaccompanied child passenger service for passenger below 12 years old is required to be applied before purchasing. At present, the unaccompanied service of Shenzhen Airlines is only provided on the flights actually operated by Shenzhen Airlines, and if you requires to purchase the ticket for code-sharing flight, you should call the actually operating airlines, apply for unaccompanied service and purchase the ticket.
11. Can a juvenile over 12 years old and less than 18 old bring by himself/herself any child less than 12 years old?
No, the adult passenger who can bring child passenger(s) must be over 18 years old, and if your child is over 5 years old, we recommend you to apply unaccompanied child passenger service.
12. How should I do if I want to change a booked child passenger ticket into unaccompanied child passenger ticket?
We are very sorry that if you have booked a normal child passenger ticket, you could not directly apply for unaccompanied service. It is recommended that you refund your original ticket, and re-apply for unaccompanied service. The original ticket shall be handled as per voluntary refunding.
13. What shall I do if I have booked an unaccompanied child passenger ticket, and want to booked another adult passenger ticket?
If you have booked an unaccompanied child passenger ticket, but now have accompanying adult passenger, the adult passenger ticket can be booked normally, and the check-in procedure can be handled directly on the day of checking in with the adult passenger bringing the child passenger.
IV. Passengers in need of Wheelchair
1. What are the application requirements for wheelchair service?
If the passenger is a bit crippled, hurt on the legs, disabled (leg disabilities), he/she could apply for wheelchair service, choose by himself/herself according to the application requirements for wheelchair service, and handle the procedure at a ticket office designated by Shenzhen Airlines.
2. How to guarantee the wheelchair users at the scene of the airport?
The passenger shall handle the procedure at the special passenger counter at the airport on the day of checking in, and the guarantee at the scene should prevail.
3. Shall I get off the plane if I apply for wheelchair service for any stopover flight?
For whether the passengers taking a stopover flight are required to get off the plane at stopover site, and the on-site arrangement shall prevail.
4. Is the wheelchair service provided at the departure place and the destination?
If your application for wheelchair service at the departure place was approved, we shall provide the wheelchair service both at the origin and at the destination.
5. Can I bring my own wheelchair on the plane?
If the passenger has brought by himself/herself a wheelchair, he/she should package the wheelchair and handle the check-in procedure.
IV Passengers in Need of Stretcher
1. Can passengers in need of stretcher apply for first class cabin?
We are very sorry that at present the stretcher users could only be arranged in the economy class cabin.
2. What documents should a stretcher user bring for handling the check-in procedure?
After the application for stretcher user service succeeded, the stretcher user is required to bring the original copies of "Proof of Diagnosis" and "On Board Application" for handling the relevant procedures at the airport on the day of checking in. (For the specific requirements of proof materials, please consult the ticket office for applying for the stretcher service.)
3. How long in advance should the stretcher user arrive at the airport?
It is recommended that the passenger should arrive at airport 3 before flight departure with the "Proof of Diagnosis" and "On Board Application" for handling the relevant procedures.
4. How many stretcher users could have on one flight?
For each flight, only one stretcher user is allowed to carry.
5. Does the stretcher service include any doctor, or shall I bring doctor(s) by myself? Shall I purchase ticket(s) for doctor(s)? Shall I purchase ticket(s) for other person(s) accompanying?
A stretcher user must be accompanied by at least one doctor or nurse. In case that the patient passenger doesn't need any medical care throughout the trip as proved by a doctor, such passenger could be accompanied by his/her family member or supervisor. The accompanying family member or medical care personnel should purchase a ticket as per normal passengers.
6. Where should I contact to handle the procedures if I have purchased a stretcher passenger ticket, and need the ambulance service after getting off the plane?
If the passenger needs an ambulance, elevator, on-board stretcher and other special service equipment, please contact directly with the airport emergency center at his/her own expenses.
VI. Blind Passengers
1. Is there any restriction on the age of blind passenger traveling by air alone?
Only blind passenger over 16 years old can travel by air alone.
2.How many blind passengers can a flight have?
3. How blind passengers book tickets?
If the passenger requires Shenzhen Airlines to provide blind passenger service, he/she must apply for such service and book the ticket at a ticket office designated by Shenzhen Airline.
4. How long in advance should a blind passenger submit his/her application?
For the application requirements, please consult the designated ticket office.
5. How blind passengers handle the check-in procedure?
After the blind passenger arrived at the airport, his/her family member or attendant should first fill in the Check-in Notice for Passengers Requiring Special Services of Shenzhen Airlines at the information counter, then handle the corresponding procedures for the passenger under the direction of airport staff.
6. Is the blind passenger traveling with normal passenger(s) required to apply for blind passenger service?
No. The accompanying person could help him/her to handle the check-in procedure, accompany him/her onto the plane and take care of him/her in flight.
7. Can two special services be applied for at the same time? If a passenger is blind and in need of a wheelchair,
and requires to apply for multiple special passenger services, please consult with the designated ticket office for guarantee, and the reply of the ticket office shall prevail.
VII. Elderly Passengers
1. Is there any restriction on the age of elderly passengers traveling by air?
At present, Shenzhen Airlines doesn't have any special requirements for the age of elderly passengers, and shall accept them as ordinary passengers, as long as the elderly passenger is in good physical condition and suitable for flight. However, for the consideration of security, the on-site staff would determine on the day of checking in whether the elderly passenger is suitable for flight based on his/her physical condition, and may require him/her to cooperate with relevant examination and sign relevant materials. In order to guarantee the flight security, they shall have right to refuse those they consider as being not suitable for flight to board. The subsequent ticket should be disposed as per voluntary refunding.
2. Is there any unaccompanied elderly passenger service?
We are very sorry that Shenzhen Airlines doesn't have the unaccompanied elderly passenger service, so at the moment we are unable to provide such service.
3. Is there any special service for elderly passenger at the airport?
You can go to consult the airport information counter 90 in advance on the day of checking in, and the staff would deal with it appropriately based on the flight guarantee situation. The specific circumstance shall be subject to the on-site application.
4. What privilege dose elderly disabled passenger has?
At present, Shenzhen Airlines only provides relative privilege to disabled veteran passengers. At the moment, we have no privilege policy for the elderly passengers or ordinary disabled passengers. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Booking Services
- Boading Services
- Baggage Services
- Special Assistance
- Cabin Services